Current Staff Opening
Job Title: Office Coordinator/Administrator
Department: All departments
Reports To: Director of Administration & Finance
Job Summary: The Office Coordinator/Administrator position is an integral part of the Redwood staff working with all departments. This position is responsible for supporting key departments in administrative tasks including all IT. It includes a broad range of assignments, requiring regular duties performed at employee's own initiative. Successful candidate will be a flexible multi-tasker in a fast-paced but collegial work environment. Assuring a steady completion of the workload in a timely manner is key to success in the position.
- Duties will primarily involve interaction with ED, Finance Director and Program Director to insure the smooth operation of the institution
- The OC reports directly to the Director of Administration & Finance and will assist with various tasks including accounts payable and managing vendor files, processing donations, preparing financial reports, diarizing critical dates for filings, due dates for finance related documents and scheduling of finance related activities
- Maintains clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing (both electronic and hard copy) record keeping and account reconciliation
- Point Person for facilities and IT vendors; responsible for the Redwood’s IT including the maintenance and servicing of computers, networks, servers, copying & fax machines and other office equipment; arranges for and coordinates necessary repairs and manages installations, upgrades and configuration of office hardware and software
- Manages in-house office calendar: meetings, vacations, holidays etc.
- Handles all incoming correspondence: opening, sorting and distributing
- Responsible for creating and collaborating on institutional documents including reports, Power Point presentations, lists of all types, etc.
- Maintains inventory of the Redwood’s supplies
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Office Manual, Policy & Procedures Manual and filing and maintaining related documents.
- Undertakes special projects and other duties as needed/time permits e.g. exhibition preparation, special events, shipping, transport
- Relevant work experience and a high level of organization and efficiency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Excel & Power Point), Quick Books, Square & Time Clocks
- Knowledge of finance and basic accounting is a plus
- Knowledge of IT performance, management, network administration is a plus
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking ability
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, library members, and the general public.
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Must be available for occasional flexible work hours
Love libraries? Love books? Love doing projects that make a difference? Then we need you!
The Redwood has many opportunities for volunteers to help throughout the library, from helping with the Annual Book sale to special projects involving the collections.
Volunteers are also most welcome for their help in the following areas:
Students interested in community service projects are also welcome to become involved.
Please call the library for details at 401-847-0292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org